If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
- There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below.
- It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible. Do plan ahead at least six weeks prior to travel; don’t leave your vaccinations until the last minute or we may not be able to accommodate you. Please complete a Travel Questionnaire regarding your proposed journey and return it to reception at least one week before your first appointment.
- At your second appointment the Practice Nurse will then be able to produce a personalised vaccination schedule for you and offer general medical advice. Please bring any previous travel vaccination cards you may have with you. You will actually receive the vaccinations at this appointment. These vaccines have to be ordered or brought with you (prescription given on your first appointment) as they are not a stock vaccine.
- Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Currently there is a nation wide shortage of Hepatitis A travel vaccinations. If you require Hep A for travel please go to your local NOMAD or other travel vaccine centre. However if you require the vaccine due to the ongoing hepatitis outbreak mainly affecting MSM, hepatitis A vaccine is now available at your local GUM clinic. Please see links to both clinics.
NOMAD Travel Clinic City Doc Travel Clinic (& GUM Clinic) London Travel Clinic Local GUM Clinic
- PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL TRAVEL VACCINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE NHS
For the purposes of travel the following vaccinations will not be prescribed on the NHS:
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS. Please see below for charges.
Vaccination Fees- Registered Patients
Vaccination Fees- Private Patients
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.